We are approaching our 7th Christmas as a family with a little person [who is actually quite big now] and I find myself wondering if this will be our last Christmas where he truly believes?😢. I have been reflecting on the wonderful traditions we have created as a family together because I'm festive AF and also nostalgic.
From putting the tree up while dancing around to Carols, to the annual Santa photo, walking the neighbourhood to see all the Christmas lights, watching alllll the Christmas movies while having a iced Baileys and wrapping the gifts [this one is an adults only tradition] and of course Fruit Mince Pies for Christmas Day breakfast.
These traditions are what makes Christmas so magical for us and what I hope will be the memories Henry will cherish when he is older. The small things, which are really the big things.
Possibly my fave tradition of all, is waking up on Christmas morning to a Christmas tree, even more magical than the night before with the spoils from Santa and the sight of jam packed Christmas stockings. Christmas stockings are pure joy and I adore choosing all the fun little things to fill them. The little gifts which will bring fun and hopefully be useful for the festive season and the year ahead.
Our stores truly are a haven for stocking fillers and we have curated our best all for under $20! I'm all about a stocking filler gift that is GOOD - no cheap chunk here [but still priced under the magical $20 mark] Read on! (or you can jump ahead and shop the full 2021 Christmas Stocking Filler Edit collection right here)
Here we go... First up the for the wee, teeny babes [0-3]
1. The Aussie Animal pullbacks $14.95 YAY for no batteries required, simply pull the animals back, and watch them go zooming back AND forward! The are beautifully boxed and at $14.95 incredible value.
2. The Cockatoo Teether $19.95 Super cute and made from BPA free, food grade silicone - the perfect teether and grasper toy.
3. Tikiri Natural Rubber Animals $17.95 Heck you could fill the whole stocking with these guys. The best teether / rattle / bath toy. Safe for chewing, with a sweet little rattle inside and no hidey holes for water to get in (= no hidden mould) They float in water plus they're super tactile and easy to grasp, making them a great sensory toy. You will want the whole set!
4. Bibs Dummies [from] $19.95 Give them something they "need" while they're young enough not to know the difference 😅
5. A Magic Paint Set $14.95 Mess free, reusable, portable and fun play. Suits 1+ fill the magic paintbrush with water, start painting and watch the colours emerge. You'll love having this on hand for the great Boxing Day come down, we know will happen from too many candy canes.
6. Stroller Cards $15.95 - the sweetest little cards, on a clip - so you can attach to the pram, or carseat. Beautifully illustrated, with texture and bright colours.
7. A Cocoon Vehicle $15.95 - made form sturdy timber, they are smooth, easy to grab and have functional wheels. Just add the brrrrm brrrrm sound effect 🚗
8. A Mini Tactile Sports Ball $11.95 - Tactile and squishy, the balls surface have different patterns and textures for sensory stimulation and imaginary play. Plus they are shaped like mini sports balls! So cute.
9. The Stack and Pour Bath Egg $15.95 - the name says it all. Stack & Pour (all the cups have little holes in the bottom for creating lots of fun!) Not just for the bath - these are perfect for all water play.
For the bigger kiddos [ages 3+]
1. The Bug Spotter Kit $12.95 - Designed to help catch and release creepy crawlies. With a guided activity book this will be sure to foster learning and interest in nature.
2. Bath Crayons $9.95 - the trustiest, oldest fave for a reason. Our bestselling product year on year, all baths need some crayons! Non toxic, easy to wipe off and dang fun.
3. Dot Paint Set $19.95 - Makes painting easy and mess free! Paint in a marker, that feels luxe and smooth to work with. No mess, water or brushes simply screw the cap back on when done. The spongey end makes all kinds of effects possible!
4. Torch Projectors $14.95 - available in lots of different themes. The fully functional torch comes with 3 slides, with loads of images. Wait for night time or create a cubby and get projecting.
5. Poly Dough $9.95 - Mess free sensory fun! These little poly balls stick together and hold their shape for modelling, but they aren't wet! Super tactile and loads of fun.
6. Lava Flow $7.95 - More mess free sensory play! Because kids love this stuff. It's fluffy, it's spongey, it's alive! Watch it expand and move and flow. Shake the tub to watch it flow.
7. Soaring Dinosaur $4.95 - easy to build, easy to fly! It's like a paper plane, but a dinosaur. And extra sturdy. Watch it soar!
8. Push and Pop - assorted $7.95 - like reusable bubble wrap. This is a great portable sensory play item - great for stress relief and fidgeters.
9. Wooden Animals - from $5.95 - mix and match these beautifully painted wooden animals. Perfect for open ended play.
10. Noughts & Crosses $12.95 - quality wooden blocks and a calico bag, this old school game of strategy is fun for all ages.
11. Magic Tree $6.95 - The magic tree defies nature! Watch it grow before your eyes! Its magic! Its colourful! This truly amazing tree comes with everything include ready for you to do it yourself.
12. Unicorn Slime $5.95 - sorry folks, this one is a little messy. But how much do kids love this stuff [it'll give you a solid block of peace] comes with a little unicorn too.
13. Erupting Volcano Kit $12.95 - this one is 8+ for the older kiddos. Learn about the science of acid-base reactions with this fun kit, which includes everything you need to create your own bubbling, fizzing, erupting volcano.
14. Paper Binoculars - Bird Spotter $11.95 - everything you need to make your own binoculars!
And a few of our faves for the Mamas [and Dadas] #treatyoself
1. The Avocado Eco Shopping Bag $4.95 - small enough to fit in your hand bag.
2. Yoga Dice $19.95 - Actually the whole fam will love these! Inspire gentle movement, mindfulness and connecting as a family [or having your own time]
3. Bamboo Straws $12.95 - we all know drinks taste better through a straw. Especially when they're festive!
4. A Cross Stitch Set $13.95 - This DIY kit includes 10cm Bamboo Hoop which doubles as a frame, aida cross stitch cloth, coloured thread, needle and full instructions.
5. Reusable Zip Bags $11.95 - This is a set of 8! And they're perfect for snacksssssss. Cos we all know we can't leave the house without all the snacks!
These are only the beginning of the range too! We've added a stack more to the collections and you can shop the full 2021 Christmas Stocking Filler Edit collection here
We hope you love our selections - tune into our Instagram to see these and many more in detail.
Wishing you the most magical festive season ever 🎄🎄🎄
The Daisy & Hen Team xo